Wednesday, May 8, 2019

Identify with the Stone

I see the Stone rejected by men. I see how it was kicked down the hill. They said it was in their way, so the Stone lays where it landed. I climb carefully down the grassy hill and embrace it, laying my cheek against the coolness of the precious stone. I feel myself melt into it and I become one with the rejected Stone. Those who rejected the Stone, oh they don't realize (or don't care) that this Stone they were stumbling over was carefully and purposefully placed in their way. It was there to stop them from continuing in their own way. They stumbled because they were trying to go, willfully ignoring the fact that the Stone was indicating that this way was wrong. 

So they were offended by the Stone that sat in their way. And they kicked it out of the way, down the hill where it would be out of sight and out of mind.

I went out of my way to embrace the Stone and I became one with it. My identity is now with the Stone that sits in the way of men and causes them to stumble when they try to go past it along the way that seems right to them.

Come to Him as to a living Stone which men rejected and threw away, but which is choice and precious in the sight of God. I Peter 2:4

A Stone of Stumbling and a Rock of Offense. for they stumble because they disobey the word of God, and to this they were also appointed. I Peter 2:8

No comments:

Post a Comment